Thursday, March 25, 2010

Critic Group


So, I survived my first round with a critic group that didn't exactly like my book. We were quiet brutal with each other. I think that’s the best way to have it though. No one does you any good patting your hand and lying to you about your work. All they do is delude you to the point where if you go before an agent or a publisher, you’ll be like one of the reject-an-idols that America so likes to mock.

So it’s back to the drawing board for me. More rewrites on chapters I am so sick of writing. I think it’ll be worth it in the end. I do love this particular story. Right now it’s just the misbehaving child that I can’t wait to have grow up, but when it gets there I’m sure I’ll miss it. I do look forward to my next round with the critic group despite the wounded pride. It’s nice to have people who are willing to have an honest look at your work.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...